A talented and experienced management team that can bring a company to commercial success.
Differentiated Products & Exemplary Services:
Companies offering products or services that meet market needs or overcome market inefficiencies.
Commercially Attractive Business Model:
Companies with commercially viable and scalable business models that can sustain a competitive advantage in the global market.
Companies with strong foundations and broad vision to compete globally through Singapore.
Catalyse the growth of new strategic industry pillars:
Innovative and emerging technology leaders in new sectors with unique solutions and technologies that can participate in Singapore’s economic transformation.
Strengthen existing engines of Singapore’s economy:
Companies that can strengthen our existing industry ecosystems or deepen capabilities.
Venture Capital Investment Model Agreements
Criteria for Special Situation Fund for Startups (SSFS)
The SSFS is a time limited scheme to support early- to late-stage promising startups from diverse sectors via convertible note, which may have developed innovations and technologies that can contribute to Singapore’s national priorities (such as those in the Industry Transformation Map sectors, or those creating good jobs for our population). Applicants will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. In order to be eligible for the SSFS, each startup must meet the following criteria:
a. Company is a private company incorporated in Singapore for not more than 10 years.
b. Company is developing/ producing/ and commercializing innovative technologies or services designed for scale and high growth.
c. Company has secured paying customers and partners and demonstrated a commercially scalable business model of at least 20% annual revenue growth pre-COVID-19. For pre revenue companies, Company possesses either strong pre-clinical data (biotech companies), intellectual property, or technological know-how that cannot be replicated.
d. Investors (existing/new) are committed and prepared to fund 50% of the convertible note.
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to all the above, please download and send the completed SSFS Application form to email@example.com.
Startup SG Equity Scheme (Fund-of-funds)
The Startup SG Equity (SSG-E) scheme aims to stimulate private sector investments into innovative and commercially viable Singapore-based technology startups with global market potential. The scheme was enhanced in 2020 to catalyze more private sector investments into Singapore-based Deep Technology startups, and introduced a fund-of-funds modality to attract global venture capital funds with experience in Deep Technology investments.
Criteria for Startup SG Equity Scheme (Fund-of-funds)
Eligibility criteria for the SSG-E (Fund-of-funds) scheme include:
• Strong commitment to invest in early-stage Singapore-based Deep Technology Startups with a primary focus on Advanced Manufacturing, Pharm bio/MedTech, and Agri-food tech sectors.
• Investee Fund should be domiciled in Singapore. Investee Funds based overseas should have its investment decision-making authority and key executives making the investment recommendations based in Singapore.
• General Partner with experience in leading early-stage investment rounds in Deep Technology Startups with a track record of positive IRR.
• Management team with strong management experience, technical and financial expertise to ensure robust decision-making processes.
• Strong business networks with access to deal flow, funding, and commercialization network to facilitate the growth of investee startups.
• Investment Conditions: Total investments by the Investee Fund into Singapore-based Deep Technology Startups should minimally be matched against EDBI’s capital commitment using a 1:1 ratio and be at least 20% of the total fund size.